Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's not up to you, it never really was

Jay and I have been going through a rough couple of weeks, at times it seemed as though all the work we had been doing to improve our relationship was being destroyed. We got into an argument Tuesday night and I went to bed pretty upset over all of it. We emailed at work yesterday and settled our disagreements, not the best time to do it but we work with what we have. I didn’t hear from him after our morning emails and I figured he was just busy or reflecting on our conversation. I came home and put the key in the door to find that it was open and Jay was sitting on the couch. He had been laid off with no notice. Everything we’d argued about the day before seemed so pointless, so meaningless and suddenly everything important came to light. I tried my best to be positive and reassuring and let him know that I was happy to take care of him until he found a new job…we should be able to depend on each other, especially in times like these. He is very worried, concerned, disheartened over this.

This is a trying time for us, we’d hope to get married and buy a home within the next year and this is a major setback. We are not alone, there are many people around this country losing their jobs and homes…I am grateful that it is just the two of us, I couldn’t imagine having a child and the amount of stress that would bring.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

 

1 comment: