Friday, May 15, 2009

Is it medicine?

I fell asleep last night at 7:30, didn’t wake up until this morning (ten hours later) when my alarm went off.

I had a crazy dream that took place during the morning hours, it was strange and creepy and I have no idea where it came from.

I was taking a trip to see my friend Lisa. She lived in a densely populated city; the landscape was nothing but tall dark buildings, concrete and people walking quickly to their destination. The sky was dark, it seemed to be on the verge of rain. I met with Lisa while walking up a steep incline, we spoke for a few moments. I noticed an old friend, Nichole, hurrying toward us…she and Lisa had also been friends in the past but didn’t part on friendly terms (according to my dream). It was a bit uncomfortable and I remember joking about the situation in an attempt to ease their mood. Eventually they began talking and laughing and totally forgot that I was standing there. Somehow this took a bad turn and they were saying mean things to me (cant recall what exactly) and so I left the group and started back up the incline. I called Jay (through telepathy?) and he showed up by my side. As we walked down the street I realized I was pregnant. The next thing I knew we were trapped in this underground sewer system type place. Nichole was there with her husband and there were a few other groups of people wandering around as well. Everyone was panicked and trying to climb out, we could see the sky above us but we were trapped by a large grated lid. There were bugs covering the floor, so many bugs that we couldn’t see the ground. Jay set me on top of a table and sat beside me, I began to have contractions. In the confusion I heard Nichole screaming and realized she was also pregnant and giving birth. I told Jay he’d have to deliver the baby and the next thing I knew it was right beside me. Over an intercom I heard a voice saying “the cord is wrapped around the baby’s neck, it will die if you don’t remove the cord”. Jay removed the cord and we all looked around stunned. It was just then that we noticed an old elevator right in front of us, it had no doors but was more like an open crate. We jumped in and the rest followed, not everyone fit. There was a young couple that was stranded in the sewer system and as we were lifted up we saw the bugs covering them until they disappeared.

We were met at the top by a friendly looking woman who helped me to a bed to rest and recover from giving birth. Jay was whisked away from me and became very nervous. At some point I woke from resting, I was very groggy as if I had been drugged. The room was dark and looked old, as if no had used it for many years. I stumbled to my feet and tried to walk around, calling for Jay and hoping that he’d hear me. I made my way out of the room and into a large banquet room. There were hundreds of people there, eating and laughing. They were all staring at me with a strange sort of smirk on their lips. I found the “nurse” and she gave me some food, I was starving and asking for Jay in between bites. She kept filling my plate even after I told her I was full…she persisted and it was then that I began to look around. I noticed to my horror that they were eating people. She was feeding me so that I would be nice and fat and ready to be cooked. I tried to run away…

 

I woke up at this point in the dream and I was totally freaked out. Our apartment was dark and still and I just imagined that woman waiting for me in the hallway. I got up and got ready for work and here I am…I still cant get that dream out of my head though. What makes me come up with all of these crazy scenarios?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment