Friday, July 23, 2010

Merman

My lovely boyfriend is turning 31 on Monday. I am throwing him a party (gasp!) this weekend to celebrate. To better understand how utterly grand this is you must know he has not commemorated his birthday with a party since he was a child. I did sneak a cake to the cabin last summer while we vacationed with my family, everyone sang him happy birthday and he was mortified…but he had a great time with it all. This year im going all out, his family is coming over to see our new house and my family is coming over as well. This is the first time our two sides of the family are going to really have the chance to mingle. Our mothers met a few years back but that was under the strenuous circumstance of my grandfather’s death…you see his mother was my grandfather’s childhood friend and we had no idea about this until after we were together. There are far too many synchronicities in our two lives to mention and im totally getting off topic. I am thrilled that we will have hours to watch our two families interact; he on the other hand is terrified. I am inviting my little ladies Bailey and Eileen over to help me make cupcakes and then we will adorn every room with crepe paper and balloons. He and I agreed on a strict no decoration policy for this party but I had my fingers and toes crossed when I made that pledge. He’s spoken at length about his “need” for an iPhone and the circumstances were just right and I was able to make it happen. He’ll be making the move from a teeny tiny piece of shit phone to a glorious display of technology :)  <- If you think that’s a bit of an over-exaggeration you should listen to him go on about it. On Sunday I have yet another cupcake order to fulfill, I am excited to try out my new hot pic gel coloring for this little girl’s pink and zebra themed party. I’m also anxious to try out my new mixer that I purchased at Sur La Table today. I hope Sunday will prove to be a relaxing day at home with my Jay. I wish you all a wonderful, relaxing weekend filled with sunshine and perhaps a slip n slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment