Thursday, July 22, 2010

Little Laika

Today is the first day since our move that i have been able to just relax. It seems like there is always something going on. This morning i picked up our new baby puppy from HOPE which is an animal hospital that specializes in the spay and neutering of dogs and cats. This was the first night we spent without her sleeping comfortably between us...oh let me back up a bit, we decided a few weeks ago to adopt a Pit Bull from the Fresno Bully Rescue. We came to this decision after a lengthy talk with my tattoo artist and friend, Lisa while she was tattooing me. She was very happy with her new pitty and it got along well her kitties. After a home check we were able to visit with the litter and we immediately fell in love with Laika. Shes an adorable mass of energy. We named her Laika in honor of the first dog that was sent into space by the Russians. She has brought such joy to my life in these past couple of weeks, i'm so happy to have her as a part of our little family.
In other good news, I've made an appointment to see a therapist in hopes of overcoming my anxiety. This is the first time I've ever gone through with this and I am so proud of myself. I see so many positive things in the future! I promise to make more time for writing and updating as I take more proactive steps towards an anxiety-free life :) Good night lovely bloggers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment