Monday, June 29, 2009

Secret Heart

I am back at work after a 9day break. I decided to take a vacation since Jay is currently out of work, and spend some much needed time at home with him. The first part the break was wonderful; we made delicious dinners, went to the movies, visited my family, stayed up late and slept in. We got to be lazy together and it was great =)

We decided to adopt a kitten on Thursday. It was a decision met with some fear and anxiety…we’ve had a hard time with the passing of our two cats over the past few months. We brought home our new addition and it became apparent that she was going to take over our lives. She is such a sweetheart, she loves to play and sleep and eat and we adore every minute of it. My vacation quickly turned from total relaxation to complete chaos =) She sleeps most of the day and wakes up in the evening, full of energy. She stays up until the wee hours and then wakes us up around 5:30 by running across our blankets and attacking our toes. I spent the last part of my vacation waking up extra early to feed and play with her, while Jay stayed up late to keep her company. Most of our conversations now include “the kitty” (she does not have a true name yet) and it’s all around quite wonderful.

I don’t want to be at work, I’d rather be at home with my sweet and my kitty.

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! She's like the color of a winter dusk and chimney smoke! PERFECTION!!!!

    ReplyDelete