Friday, January 30, 2009

Soul Cha Cha

The dates for Coachella have been announced and as always, there are at least ten bands that I’m dying to see. On the top of my list are Roni Size and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, tied for second are My Bloody Valentine and TV on the Radio. I highly doubt I will be able to attend the three day, drug laden festival but a girl can dream right? Once you get a taste of this Coachella you want to go back year after year. I got my first taste in 2003 when I saw Underworld, Felix Da Housecat, Fischerspooner, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys, The Blue Man Group (oh the drugs!) and of course SONIC YOUTH. I had so much fun that I went the following year and saw Radiohead, the Cure, the Pixies, the Flaming Lips, the Basement Jaxx, the Crystal Method and my favorite house DJ, Donald Glaude. I wish I would’ve known more about indie music at the time so I could’ve made time to see Broken Social Scene and many others. I will never forget my experiences at the festival and all of the people I met and the bands I got to see for the first time. I would encourage anyone that is considering buying a ticket to DO IT! It is totally worth being on broke status for a while. It is something that will change you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment